Thursday, March 29, 2012

Default location of Data bases

Hi All,
I moved my main database from the C drive to the D drive
of my server. I left the rest of them on the C drive.
(master, msdb...) When I try to create a new DB it
defaults to the C drive since that is the way I installed
it. Is there a way to change that to the D drive with out
uninstalling and reinstalling?
Thanks,
JoeIn EM, right click on Server, then Properties. On Database Settings tab
choose Default data directory and Default log directory.
Ana
"JOE" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:25c801c3fc6f$3a86d470$a101280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hi All,
> I moved my main database from the C drive to the D drive
> of my server. I left the rest of them on the C drive.
> (master, msdb...) When I try to create a new DB it
> defaults to the C drive since that is the way I installed
> it. Is there a way to change that to the D drive with out
> uninstalling and reinstalling?
> Thanks,
> Joe|||Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment