Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Default installation to named one

Hi,
I have installed sql server on one of my box as a named installation and now
I want to change it to default one without re-installing sql server.
Please suggest how should I go for it. Also, whether it is possible or not.
Thanks in advance
Manu JaidkaHello,
You will have to install a default instance and copy the databases including
system databases over to default instance
using Backup and restore or detach and Attach.
Thanks
Hari
"manu" <manu@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7A299083-671F-4457-B9CE-263AE17838C0@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I have installed sql server on one of my box as a named installation and
> now
> I want to change it to default one without re-installing sql server.
> Please suggest how should I go for it. Also, whether it is possible or
> not.
> Thanks in advance
> Manu Jaidka
>

No comments:

Post a Comment