Sunday, March 25, 2012

Default date parameter

I have two date parameters, a start and end date. I want the end date to
default to the start date if the user does not fill out the field for the end
date. If they do fill out the end date, then I want them to take this.
This should be really simple but everything I've tried has not worked. How
do you get SRS to do this? I have tried setting default values in Report
Parameters screen and I've also messed with the Allow Null Value checkbox.
Do I need to check this also? Please let me know how to configure the Report
Parameters.
Thank you.Ryan,
If I understand you correctly, you should be able to set the EndDate
parameter to 'Allow Null'.
In you SQL, check the parameter values passed in and conditionally
assign the EndDate the value of the StartDate if the EndDate is null.
Andy Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment