Tuesday, March 27, 2012

default DB names for SSRS?

I was wondering if one SQL Server could host more then one set of Reporting Services databases? This would then lead to the question of, can the default names be change to what ever? Say the Accounting and R/D groups wants to use the same SSRS so, we name their databases ACCT_ReportServer and RD_ReportServer, etc..? Can I do this? I believe I can but need to be sure.

thanks much,
joe

can i ask , why you would want to do this? Report Server allows you to set up groups of people who have access to certain reports...

sound to me like it would be a waste of resources to have multiple ssrs databases... besides I honestly don't think it would work.

Report server security feature is very good, that is the only reason I can think of why you might want to seperate them.

|||Thanks for you quick reply. I really do need to do more reading/research. As long as I can keep groups separated, that will work.

Again - Thanks.
|||Hey JoeyDba,
How's it going today? Did you find any more answers?

No comments:

Post a Comment